Coronavirus. For the duration of the outbreak of Covid-19 the Society has cancelled all its public meetings. This includes our biennial Awards ceremony that had been scheduled for Thursday July 9th. It may be possible to hold this later in 2020, or we may postpone the event to 2021.
More information will be published when available.
In normal times Awards are presented every two years for improvements in the physical environment (the street scene) of Leamington Spa.
Awards are given for a wide variety of work such as
- restoration of a period building,
- a new building or structure,
- improvement to a building,
- a new or restored interior visible to the public,
- a restored or new shop front,
- a landscape, garden, park or planting,
- a sculpture or work of art,
- any other improvement.
The Bill Gibbons Trophy is presented, in addition, for the most impressive nominated private dwelling.
Nominated works must be
- visible to the public;
- for work within Leamington Spa;
- completed within the last two years.
A panel of judges led by a well-respected architect from outside Leamington Spa assesses all nominations.
Any member of the public may make nominations.
Nominations will open in February 2020 and close on Sunday 19th April 2020. You can download a form here: 2020 Awards nomination form.
The Society’s Architectural Awards Scheme has been generously sponsored by Chiltern Railways since 2004.