Our purposes are to –
- promote high standards of planning and architecture,
- stimulate public interest in the history, architecture and topography of the town, and
- secure the preservation, protection, development and improvement of features of historic or public interest.
Click here for some achievements over the years.
In support of these purposes we undertake a variety of activities:
- We comment and make representations on planning applications for buildings in the town, and other local and governmental issues affecting it. We welcome comments on such matters which members feel should be brought to our attention.
- We hold regular meetings on a wide range of topics of local and general interest such as architecture, history and planning.
- Our biennial Leamington Society Awards competition recognises successful improvements, restorations and new buildings.
- A quarterly newsletter available in print or here on this site, giving Society views and news and we welcome your contributions.
- Active Friends groups organise and raise funds for particular programs such as the Pump Room Gardens and Leamington Station .
Click here for details on how to join the society. Volunteers for all of these activities, especially from newcomers to the town, are welcomed with open arms.
Established in 1956. Registered charity number 516078