Louise Goold writes: Firstly I would like to say a huge THANK YOU to all who have helped us to get this far, and who turned up for the “Launch Night” of the new Friends of Christchurch Gardens at the White Horse. It was a fantastic turn out with lots of ideas flowing.
MOVING FORWARDS – THE STRATEGY
- As suggested at the launch, I need to get together a “Core Team”. This should be around 6 people who are willing to invest their time and energy in creating a strategy for the gardens (in collaboration with the council) and actioning it.
- The group will meet every 3rd Thursday of the month (quarterly in the longer term, when we get ourselves established) at The White Horse at 8-9pm.
- An agenda will be set and outline minutes taken for each meeting (so as we don’t loose track of ourselves!!!).
- Members of the group should ideally become members of The Leamington Society (£10 for individuals, £15 for households per annum, link to “join” page This will enable the group to network, share best practice with other Friends groups in Leamington, apply for grants or approach private funders (as we are constituted), and be involved in other areas of interest in the town. We can also keep our ears to the ground on any future plans for the park etc.
Please can you reply to me via this form if you would like to be involved in the core team….
I am sure this will be a fun and enjoyable journey and one which will really make a difference to the town – we can genuinely make an enormous difference to our community by taking on this project…. Don’t be scared, just do it!!!
First meeting Thursday 15th March 2018 at 8-9pm at The White Horse
- Ideas for the park (start small – think BIG)
(Events such as litter pick or wimbledon week, lighting, monument/sculpture, planting, resurfacing courts, paths and railings, signage etc etc etc)
- Grants/private funders/contact list
- Preservation of the park against future developments (inclusion in LocalNeighbourhood Plan)
- Organise for subscriptions to Leamington Society
And that is it – lets do this together….
– There will be many people who would like to be kept up to date with events at the park such as “litter picking” or “Wimbledon week” etc.
If you would like to be included on a distribution list either so as you can attend, or even better still if you would like to help out at certain events, please do get in contact with me and I will compose a list and keep you up to date.
Again, many thanks for all your help. I look forward to working together to make the gardens the best they can be for us to enjoy now, and in the future.