Every two years the Leamington Society presents awards to recognise achievements in improving the physical environment in Leamington Spa. The Bill Gibbons Trophy is presented, in addition, for the most impressive nominated private dwelling.
Chiltern Railways has generously sponsored the Society awards since 2004, and is doing so again this year. Past years’ awards are featured at Leamington Society Awards
Nominations are invited from the public, and must be submitted by Sunday, April 15th, 2018. They may include:
- Restoration of a period building;
- A new building or structure;
- Improvement to a building;
- A new or restored interior which has public access;
- A restored or new shop front;
- A landscape, garden, park or planting;
- A sculpture or work of art;
- Any other visual improvement.
The nominated project should be in Leamington Spa, clearly visible to the public, and have been completed within the last two years.
The competition will be judged by a panel comprising:
- An external Assessor of recognised standing in the architectural profession
- The Conservation Officer, Warwick District Council
- A professional architect
- The Mayor of Leamington
- The Chairman of the Leamington Society
Awards will be presented by the Mayor of Royal Leamington Spa at Victoria House, 59 Willes Road, Leamington Spa, CV32 4PT on Thursday, July 12th, 2018, 7.15 for 7.30
You can propose an award in the form below, or by post using the Awards nomination form 2018