The Society presents Awards every two years for improvements in the physical environment (‘the street scene’) of Leamington Spa.
Awards are given for a wide variety of work such as
- restoration of a significant period building,
- a new building or structure,
- improvement to a building,
- a new or restored interior visible to the public,
- a restored or new shop front,
- a landscape, garden, park or planting,
- a sculpture or work of art,
- any other improvement.
The Bill Gibbons Trophy is presented, in addition, for the most impressive nominated private dwelling.
Nominated works must be
- visible to the public;
- for work within Leamington Spa;
- completed within the previous two years.
Any member of the public may make nominations. A panel of judges led by a distinguished architect from outside Leamington Spa assesses all nominations.
During the Covid-19 pandemic the Society has cancelled all its public meetings, apart from talks which can be given by Zoom, including the biennial Awards ceremony that had been scheduled for 2020. It is hoped to be able to hold the next Awards ceremony in 2021.
More information will be published when available, including dates for submitting nominations.
The Society’s Architectural Awards Scheme has been generously sponsored by Chiltern Railways since 2004.